Phần mềm tiện ích cấu hình và kiểm tra module I/O ICP DAS DCON Utiltiy pro
DCON Utility Pro
DCON Utility Pro is a toolkit that can help user easily to search, configure and test I/O modules via the serial port (RS-232/485) or Ethernet port (using virtual com port) on Windows PC or ICP DAS embedded PAC .
DCON Utility Pro is developed by Microsoft Visual Studio C#, it needs the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later version installed to function. User can download it from below web site:
- Support most PC platform
- Support ICP DAS WES platform
- Support ICP DAS CE platform
- Support I/O modules and units
- Fast configuration plurality modules
- Data Logger
- DCON and Modbus command test terminal
- Support DCON and Modbus: DCON Utility Pro can support DCON and Modbus protocol for all ICP DAS and the others modules. It can select multi-options such as BaudRate, Checksum , Format for search module.
- Configuration module: DCON Utility Pro can configuration and test all modules, and it also can fast configuration plurality modules.
- Backup and restore configuration for I-87K I/O module on CE/WES backplane slot
- Quick configuration for remote I/O module on all PC/CE/WES platform.
- Run Data Logger: Utility use customized parameter to monitor the I/O modules and will make a log file for I/O data.
- Terminal : for some situation users would want to use command to test module’s function diretly.
What’s New in DCON Utility Pro V4
- Search Function: Search function can freely combine search options
1. Baud Rate options: 115200,57600,38400,19200,9600,4800,2400,1200
2. Protocol options: DCON,Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII
3. Checksum options: Disabled, Enabled
4. Parity options: N81,N82,E81,O81
5. Search RU-87PN Addr. Mode (For RU-87PN I/O Expansion slot unit special search mode)
6. Search and Get I/O Configuration: Search and get the module’s settings, after the search is over,
it can use the “Save Project” function to save the module settings directly.
7. Added tree structure to display search results of different COM Ports
- Save Project: After all the searched modules are set one by one, they can be saved as a project.
In the future, you can use the “Load Project” function to restore the search status and check the difference before and after the comparison
The main purpose of the save project function is
1. Store the communication parameters of all modules.
If there are many modules on the RS-485 network, the previous search results can be quickly restored.
2. Save detailed module settings to help understand the functions of the module and save paperwork for recording module settings。
Usage scenario: Suppose a case is arranged with many modules scattered in a building, and these modules will be configured with different configurations according to requirements. Here are usually the following requirements:
1. The communication parameter records of each module (COM Port, Protocol, Baud Rate, Checksum, Parity format, etc.).
2. Set detailed records for each module (Power On Value, Safe Value, Watchdog, AI input range, AO output range, etc.).
3. Ensure that the correct settings can be provided for comparison when updating and replacing modules due to damage in the future.
- Load Project: You can load previously saved project file. This function can restore the original search state and compare the settings of the file with the internal settings of the module. It can also diagnose whether the existing module status is different from the original project content.
The diagnostic comparison result contains
1. Match exactly
2. The module communication parameters are correct, but the setting content is different
3. COM Port does not exist or has been changed
4. The module is missing
5. Replace the original module with another model
6. Additional modules (Load Project cannot find this problem)
- Command Line Tool: You can command the module and read the response result, the main function
1. Used to debug module communication problems.
2. In the process of developing the program, learn how to send and receive commands through commands
In order to facilitate users to quickly query available commands, the following improvements are provided
1. If the module is searched first, open “Command Line Tool” to automatically provide a list of the searched modules
2. Click on the content of the list to automatically load the communication parameters and commands used by the module,
instead of downloading the manual query command online.
3. The command table used by the module can be generated, if it is Modbus communication protocol,
the Modbus Table of the module can be generated.
- Remote I/O INIT Quick Configuration: for those application need to do the same settings for mass modules as I-7K/M-7K/I-87K/tM series, or just the station number is different but the other settings are the same to provide convenient and fast operation:
1. You can view and operate I-7K/M-7K/I-87K/tM series functions offline
2. The settings after the offline operation can be saved as a file, which can be used in the next setting or sent to remote users.
3. After power on the module in INIT* to GND mode, press the write to module to complete the setting
4. After loading the previously saved configuration file, you can quickly set the module in INIT* to GND mode
- Backup and Restore I-87K I/O on PAC Backplane: Use “Save Project” function for PAC host system,
The settings of the backplane I-87K module can be backed up as a file. If the I-87K module is damaged and updated in the future, this function can be used to load the previously backed up file and restore the original setting of the module
Executing the “Backup and Restore I-87K I/O on PAC Backplane” function can assist in discovering some discrepancies that may occur.
1. The existing I/O is replaced by another new I/O.
2. Insert a new module into the empty slot.
3. The existing I/O is removed.
- Offline Configuration for RU-87PN: Provide offline setting function for the I-87K module on the RU-87PN expansion slot unit.
Support includes RU-87PN/USB-87PN/ET-87PN series.
1. It is possible to set the I-87K module settings for each slot without the RU-87PN expansion unit and I-87K module.
2. After completing the settings of each slot I-87K module, you can save the setting results as a file
3. You can load the stored files offline and view the content of each I-87K module
4. If there is actually connected to RU-87PN, the saved file can be loaded and written into the memory device of RU-87PN,
and the setting can be completed directly if there is an inserted module
- Data Logger: Provides a simple and easy-to-use data logger tool so that users can save the read data as a csv format file without writing a program, which is convenient for subsequent data processing using Excel
1. Support multiple COM Port module data records
2. Supports data collection of different communication protocols
3. Through the search result, the module communication parameter data can be directly provided, and the relevant commands that the module can use are automatically loaded, and the user does not need to download the manual query command
- Multi Language: Supports multi-language functions, with English, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese provided by default
1. Users can edit their own country’s language content through English.ini
2. Effective immediately after switching language
- Built-in FAQ documents: How to distinguish numbers
1. DCON_01_xxx series introduction DCON Utility Pro compares the content that needs special explanation
2. DCON_02_xxx series introduces the usage of some module applications, such as how Safe Value works with Watchdog function
3. DCON_03_xxx series introduction Provide solutions to problems frequently encountered by DCON Utility Pro users
DCON Utility Pro supports rich of ICP DAS remote I/O modules with support of DCON or Modbus RTU protocols.
Click here to view detailed model numbers.
|I/O Module and Unit||Product Type|
|I-8K/I-9K module||Parallel bus I/O module|
|I-87K/I-97K module||RS-485 I/O module|
|I-7000,M-7000 series module||RS-485 remote I/O module|
|M-2000,M-6000, and tM series module||RS-485 remote I/O module|
|XV-board||I/O expansion board|
|ZT series module||ZigBee I/O module|
|iSN, CL-200, DL and PIR series module||Remote sensor module|
|LC and DALI series module||Lighting control and DALI gateway module|
|SC series module||Fan coil control module|
|SL series module||Stack light monitor module|
|RU-87Pn, USB-87Pn, ET-87Pn and I-87Kn unit||Remote I/O expansion unit|
|I-8410, I-8810, I-8430, I-8830, I-8KE4 and I-8KE8 slave I/O unit||Slave MiniOS7 I/O unit|