Measuring the contents of any industrial tank, silo, or hopper requires a robust and precise system. Utilizing multiple high-capacity sensors in conjunction with powerful instrumentation can make for an effective platform.
How it Works
- Four Lorenz RH10X Compression Load Cell have been installed at the base of the posts of this silo.
- Depending on the operator’s preference, two means of instrumentation can be used to retrieve the measurement data of the silo’s contents.
- The first method is to use Lorenz’s USB Solutions. Each RH10X Load Cell is paired to a USB Module that can stream live data onto a PC utilizing Lorenz Test and Measurement Software.
- The second method is to connect each RH10X Load Cell to Lorenz ALCJB-X4 4 Channel Summing Junction Box, which will gather the collective load of each load cell and then stream that output to a display (IPE50).
- These methods can also be automated to sound an alarm or send a notification when the weight of the silo reaches a specific mass