TGA Sampling System Campbell Scientific 30497
The TGA Custom Sampling System is used with a trace-gas analyzer in low-flow applications such as gradient flux or chamber measurements. The main kit comprising part number 30497 includes the components and materials used to build a custom sampling system. The system features a manifold with 12 inlets for measuring sample air and 4 inlets for measuring calibration gases. The manifold is designed to deliver sample air from a selected inlet to the TGA and excess flow outlet, while maintaining air flow from all other sample inlets through a bypass. This constant flow allows the system to quickly reach equilibrium after switching valves. Conversely, a calibration gas inlet is only used when the calibration gas is flowing to the analyzer, thus conserving the calibration gases.
The system ships in an ENC16/18 fiberglass enclosure and includes a valve manifold, pressure sensors, and flow sensors. The 30497 should also be ordered with an SDM-CD16S to control the valves, a CR3000, an NL116, and an appropriate sample dryer such as the PD1T. Most configurations also require a sample delivery pump and an analyzer pump. Contact Campbell Scientific to configure a sampling system for your application.
Benefits and Features
- Small sample cell volume that provides superior frequency response
- Thermoelectrically cooled laser; no cryogenic cooling required
- Laser upgrades available to existing TGA customers; contact Campbell Scientific for more information
- Choice of laser sources to measure CO2 isotopes, N2O, or CH4
- Optically simple measurement system that does not require cleaning of the optical cell in the field
- 500 Hz measurement rate that supports excellent synchronization
- Rugged environmental enclosure that allows the TGA200A to be placed outside on the ground
- Simple Windows user interface for setup, configuration, and real-time monitoring
- Complete greenhouse gas measurement flux solution provided by combining one or more TGA200As with Campbell Scientific’s sonic anemometers, data loggers, gas analyzers, closed-path gas analyzers, or eddy-covariance system
- Advanced sampling systems also available for low-flow applications such as profile, gradient, or user-supplied chamber measurements